Mission Center: The Episcopal Church: Community

‹‹ Return
Cuba, Missionary District of 

On Oct. 17, 1901, the House of Bishops established the Missionary District of Cuba. At first it was placed under the jurisdiction of the Presiding Bishop. In 1904 the first Missionary Bishop was consecrated. On Oct. 27, 1966, the House of Bishops made the Missionary District of Cuba the autonomous Diocese of Cuba within the Anglican Communion. The Episcopal Church of Cuba is under a Metropolitan Council composed of the Primate of Canada, the Archbishop of the West Indies, and the president of Province 9 of the Episcopal Church. 




Glossary definitions provided courtesy of Church Publishing Incorporated, New York, NY,(All Rights reserved) from "An Episcopal Dictionary of the Church, A User Friendly Reference for Episcopalians," Don S. Armentrout and Robert Boak Slocum, editors.
Click here to order...


Share

Resources »

Lectionary

Events

ECCC Annual Conference
1/22/2012  - 1/27/2012    - Camp McDowell, AL

NAECED Annual Meeting and Tapestries Conference
2/2/2012  - 2/4/2012    - New Orleans, LA

Why Serve 2012
6/6/2012  - 6/10/2012    - Virginia Theological Seminary, Alexandria, VA

More Events

Back to Top