Mission Center: The Episcopal Church: Community

‹‹ Return
Duluth, Diocese of 

The General Convention of 1895 voted to divide the Diocese of Minnesota and created the Missionary Diocese of Duluth. It consisted of the following counties: Aitken, Becker, Beltram, Benson, Big Stone, Carlton, Cass, Clay, Clearwater, Cook, Crow Wing, Douglas, Grant, Hahnomen, Hubbard, Itasca, Kanabec, Kittson, Koochiching, Lake, Lake of the Woods, Marshall, Mille Lacs, Morrison, Norman, Otter Tail, Pennington, Pine, Polk, Pope, Red Lake, Roseau, St. Louis, Sterns, Stevens, Todd, Traverse, Wadena, and Wilkin. On Dec. 4-5, 1895, the primary convention of the Missionary District was held at St. Paul's Church, Brainerd. On May 26, 1907, Trinity Cathedral, Duluth, was dedicated. The primary convention of the Diocese of Duluth was held at Trinity Cathedral, Duluth, on June 19, 1907. On Jan. 14, 1944, the Diocese of Duluth was reunited with the Diocese of Minnesota. Trinity Cathedral was sold to the Lutherans in 1956. 




Glossary definitions provided courtesy of Church Publishing Incorporated, New York, NY,(All Rights reserved) from "An Episcopal Dictionary of the Church, A User Friendly Reference for Episcopalians," Don S. Armentrout and Robert Boak Slocum, editors.
Click here to order...


Share

Resources »

Lectionary

Events

ECCC Annual Conference
1/22/2012  - 1/27/2012    - Camp McDowell, AL

NAECED Annual Meeting and Tapestries Conference
2/2/2012  - 2/4/2012    - New Orleans, LA

Why Serve 2012
6/6/2012  - 6/10/2012    - Virginia Theological Seminary, Alexandria, VA

More Events

Back to Top