Mission Center: The Episcopal Church: Community

‹‹ Return
Eastern Oklahoma, Missionary District of 

On Oct. 11, 1910, the General Convention formed this missionary district. It consisted of the counties lying east of the west line of the counties of Creek, Johnston, Marshall, Okfuskee, Osage, Pontotoc, and Seminole. It had only one bishop. On Oct. 10, 1919, the House of Bishops reunited it with the Missionary District of Oklahoma. 




Glossary definitions provided courtesy of Church Publishing Incorporated, New York, NY,(All Rights reserved) from "An Episcopal Dictionary of the Church, A User Friendly Reference for Episcopalians," Don S. Armentrout and Robert Boak Slocum, editors.
Click here to order...


Share

Resources »

Lectionary

Events

ECCC Annual Conference
1/22/2012  - 1/27/2012    - Camp McDowell, AL

NAECED Annual Meeting and Tapestries Conference
2/2/2012  - 2/4/2012    - New Orleans, LA

Why Serve 2012
6/6/2012  - 6/10/2012    - Virginia Theological Seminary, Alexandria, VA

More Events

Back to Top