Mission Center: The Episcopal Church: Community

‹‹ Return
Niobrara, Missionary District of 

The 1871 General Convention established this Missionary District. It had the following boundaries: on the east by the Missouri River; on the south by the State of Nebraska; on the west by the 104th meridian, the territories of Wyoming and Nebraska; on the north by the 46th degree of north latitude, including the several Indian Reservations on the left bank of the Missouri River, north and east of the Missouri river. In 1883 the Missionary District of Niobrara was incorporated into the Missionary District of South Dakota. See Niobrara Convocation. 




Glossary definitions provided courtesy of Church Publishing Incorporated, New York, NY,(All Rights reserved) from "An Episcopal Dictionary of the Church, A User Friendly Reference for Episcopalians," Don S. Armentrout and Robert Boak Slocum, editors.
Click here to order...


Share

Resources »

Lectionary

Events

ECCC Annual Conference
1/22/2012  - 1/27/2012    - Camp McDowell, AL

NAECED Annual Meeting and Tapestries Conference
2/2/2012  - 2/4/2012    - New Orleans, LA

Why Serve 2012
6/6/2012  - 6/10/2012    - Virginia Theological Seminary, Alexandria, VA

More Events

Back to Top