Mission Center: The Episcopal Church: Community

‹‹ Return
Northwestern Pennsylvania, Diocese of 

The 1910 General Convention voted to divide the Diocese of Pittsburgh. The primary convention of the new diocese met at St. Paul's Church, Erie, on Nov. 16, 1910. It chose the name Diocese of Erie. It includes the following counties: Cameron, Clarion, Clearfield, Crawford, Elk, Erie, Forest, Jefferson, Lawrence, McKean, Mercer, Venango, and Warren. On Nov. 14, 1981, the name was changed to the Diocese of Northwestern Pennsylvania. St. Paul's Church, Erie, was set apart as St. Paul's Cathedral on Feb. 21, 1915. 




Glossary definitions provided courtesy of Church Publishing Incorporated, New York, NY,(All Rights reserved) from "An Episcopal Dictionary of the Church, A User Friendly Reference for Episcopalians," Don S. Armentrout and Robert Boak Slocum, editors.
Click here to order...


Share

Resources »

Lectionary

Events

ECCC Annual Conference
1/22/2012  - 1/27/2012    - Camp McDowell, AL

NAECED Annual Meeting and Tapestries Conference
2/2/2012  - 2/4/2012    - New Orleans, LA

Why Serve 2012
6/6/2012  - 6/10/2012    - Virginia Theological Seminary, Alexandria, VA

More Events

Back to Top