Mission Center: The Episcopal Church: Community

‹‹ Return
Oklahoma, Diocese of 

The House of Bishops in 1859 established the Missionary District of the Southwest. This included Oklahoma. The 1892 General Convention established the Missionary District of Oklahoma. In 1910 the General Convention voted to divide the Missionary District of Oklahoma and established the Missionary District of Eastern Oklahoma. The 1919 General Convention voted to reunite the Missionary Districts of Eastern Oklahoma and Oklahoma. On Aug. 28, 1927, St. Paul's Church, Oklahoma City, became St. Paul's Cathedral. The primary convention of the Diocese of Oklahoma was held at St. Paul's Cathedral on Jan. 16-17, 1938. 




Glossary definitions provided courtesy of Church Publishing Incorporated, New York, NY,(All Rights reserved) from "An Episcopal Dictionary of the Church, A User Friendly Reference for Episcopalians," Don S. Armentrout and Robert Boak Slocum, editors.
Click here to order...


Share

Resources »

Lectionary

Events

ECCC Annual Conference
1/22/2012  - 1/27/2012    - Camp McDowell, AL

NAECED Annual Meeting and Tapestries Conference
2/2/2012  - 2/4/2012    - New Orleans, LA

Why Serve 2012
6/6/2012  - 6/10/2012    - Virginia Theological Seminary, Alexandria, VA

More Events

Back to Top