Mission Center: The Episcopal Church: Community

‹‹ Return
Pittsburgh, Diocese of 

The 1865 General Convention voted "that all that portion of the State of Pennsylvania lying west of the eastern lines of the counties of McKean, Cameron, Clearfield, Cambria, and Somerset . . . be separated from the Diocese of Pennsylvania, and formed into a new Diocese." The primary convention of this new diocese met at Trinity Church, Pittsburgh, Nov. 15-16, 1865. The 1910 General Convention voted to divide the Diocese of Pittsburgh. The Diocese of Pittsburgh includes the following counties: Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Butler, Cambria, Fayette, Greene, Indiana, Somerset, Washington, and Westmoreland. On June 3, 1928, Trinity Church, Pittsburgh, was set apart as Trinity Cathedral. 




Glossary definitions provided courtesy of Church Publishing Incorporated, New York, NY,(All Rights reserved) from "An Episcopal Dictionary of the Church, A User Friendly Reference for Episcopalians," Don S. Armentrout and Robert Boak Slocum, editors.
Click here to order...


Share

Resources »

Lectionary

Events

ECCC Annual Conference
1/22/2012  - 1/27/2012    - Camp McDowell, AL

NAECED Annual Meeting and Tapestries Conference
2/2/2012  - 2/4/2012    - New Orleans, LA

Why Serve 2012
6/6/2012  - 6/10/2012    - Virginia Theological Seminary, Alexandria, VA

More Events

Back to Top