Mission Center: The Episcopal Church: Community

‹‹ Return
Sacramento, Diocese of 

The 1898 General Convention voted that the bounds of the Missionary District of Northern California be changed to include the original counties in California plus all that portion of Nevada west of the west lines of the counties of Elko, White, Pine, Eureka, Lincoln, Lander, and Nye. It was called the Missionary District of Sacramento. On Oct. 30-31, 1911, the First Annual Convention of the Diocese of Sacramento met at St. Paul's Church, Sacramento. The name was changed to the Diocese of Northern California on Apr. 22, 1961. 




Glossary definitions provided courtesy of Church Publishing Incorporated, New York, NY,(All Rights reserved) from "An Episcopal Dictionary of the Church, A User Friendly Reference for Episcopalians," Don S. Armentrout and Robert Boak Slocum, editors.
Click here to order...


Share

Resources »

Lectionary

Events

ECCC Annual Conference
1/22/2012  - 1/27/2012    - Camp McDowell, AL

NAECED Annual Meeting and Tapestries Conference
2/2/2012  - 2/4/2012    - New Orleans, LA

Why Serve 2012
6/6/2012  - 6/10/2012    - Virginia Theological Seminary, Alexandria, VA

More Events

Back to Top