Mission Center: The Episcopal Church: Community

‹‹ Return
Southwestern Brazil, Missionary District of 

On Sept. 30, 1949, the House of Bishops divided the Missionary District of Southern Brazil into three missionary districts-Southwestern Brazil, Southern Brazil, and Central Brazil. On Oct. 20, 1964, the House of Bishops voted for an independent Brazilian Church, and in 1965 the Episcopal Church of Brazil became an independent Province of the Anglican Communion. See Southern Brazil, Missionary District of. 




Glossary definitions provided courtesy of Church Publishing Incorporated, New York, NY,(All Rights reserved) from "An Episcopal Dictionary of the Church, A User Friendly Reference for Episcopalians," Don S. Armentrout and Robert Boak Slocum, editors.
Click here to order...


Share

Resources »

Lectionary

Events

ECCC Annual Conference
1/22/2012  - 1/27/2012    - Camp McDowell, AL

NAECED Annual Meeting and Tapestries Conference
2/2/2012  - 2/4/2012    - New Orleans, LA

Why Serve 2012
6/6/2012  - 6/10/2012    - Virginia Theological Seminary, Alexandria, VA

More Events

Back to Top