Mission Center: The Episcopal Church: Community

‹‹ Return
Tokyo, Missionary District of 

The 1872 General Convention established the Missionary District of Yedo in Japan. In 1893 the name was changed to the Missionary District of Tokyo. On Oct. 15, 1925, the name was changed to the Missionary District of North Tokyo. In 1938 the name was changed again to the Missionary District of North Kwanto. It became a diocese in the Holy Catholic Church in Japan in Apr. 1941. 




Glossary definitions provided courtesy of Church Publishing Incorporated, New York, NY,(All Rights reserved) from "An Episcopal Dictionary of the Church, A User Friendly Reference for Episcopalians," Don S. Armentrout and Robert Boak Slocum, editors.
Click here to order...


Share

Resources »

Lectionary

Events

ECCC Annual Conference
1/22/2012  - 1/27/2012    - Camp McDowell, AL

NAECED Annual Meeting and Tapestries Conference
2/2/2012  - 2/4/2012    - New Orleans, LA

Why Serve 2012
6/6/2012  - 6/10/2012    - Virginia Theological Seminary, Alexandria, VA

More Events

Back to Top