Mission Center: The Episcopal Church: Community

‹‹ Return
Wuhu, Missionary District of 

On Oct. 11, 1910, the House of Bishops voted to divide the Missionary District of Hankow in China and create the Missionary District of Wuhu. It was known as the Missionary District of Wuhu until Oct. 17, 1913, when the name was changed to the Missionary District of Anking. It became a part of the Holy Catholic Church in China in 1949. 




Glossary definitions provided courtesy of Church Publishing Incorporated, New York, NY,(All Rights reserved) from "An Episcopal Dictionary of the Church, A User Friendly Reference for Episcopalians," Don S. Armentrout and Robert Boak Slocum, editors.
Click here to order...


Share

Resources »

Lectionary

Events

ECCC Annual Conference
1/22/2012  - 1/27/2012    - Camp McDowell, AL

NAECED Annual Meeting and Tapestries Conference
2/2/2012  - 2/4/2012    - New Orleans, LA

Why Serve 2012
6/6/2012  - 6/10/2012    - Virginia Theological Seminary, Alexandria, VA

More Events

Back to Top