Mission Center: The Episcopal Church: Community

‹‹ Return
Cuttington University College, Liberia 

It was founded on Feb. 22, 1889, as Hoffman Institute at Harper, Liberia, by Bishop Samuel David Ferguson (1842-1916). In 1897 a divinity school was added and the name was changed to Cuttington Collegiate and Divinity School in honor of its first donor, R. Fulton Cutting. The school closed in 1929 and was reopened in 1949 at Suacoco by Bishop Bravid Washington Harris (1895-1965). In 1976 the name was changed to Cuttington University College. 




Glossary definitions provided courtesy of Church Publishing Incorporated, New York, NY,(All Rights reserved) from "An Episcopal Dictionary of the Church, A User Friendly Reference for Episcopalians," Don S. Armentrout and Robert Boak Slocum, editors.
Click here to order...


Share

Resources »

Lectionary

Events

ECCC Annual Conference
1/22/2012  - 1/27/2012    - Camp McDowell, AL

NAECED Annual Meeting and Tapestries Conference
2/2/2012  - 2/4/2012    - New Orleans, LA

Why Serve 2012
6/6/2012  - 6/10/2012    - Virginia Theological Seminary, Alexandria, VA

More Events

Back to Top