Mission Center: The Episcopal Church: Community

‹‹ Return
DeKoven Center, The, Racine, Wisconsin 

Located on the campus of the former Racine College (1852-1933), it was named for the Rev. James DeKoven, warden of Racine College, 1859-1879. The DeKoven Center is a complex that includes the Collegiate Chapel of St. John; the shrine of James DeKoven; gardens and a nature trail; a gym and pool; and Taylor Hall. The five National Historic Register buildings on the campus are owned by the DeKoven Foundation for Church Work, a retreat and conference ministry that is an entity of the Episcopal Diocese of Milwaukee. Taylor Hall houses the offices of the DeKoven Foundation for Church Work; St. Mary's Chapel; and a large collection of books, antiques, and paintings. The DeKoven Center sponsors retreats, quiet days, conferences, continuing education and aquatic courses, and also makes its facilities available to the public for meetings, seminars, and conferences. The center was operated by the Community of St. Mary for more than fifty years. See DeKoven, James. 




Glossary definitions provided courtesy of Church Publishing Incorporated, New York, NY,(All Rights reserved) from "An Episcopal Dictionary of the Church, A User Friendly Reference for Episcopalians," Don S. Armentrout and Robert Boak Slocum, editors.
Click here to order...


Share

Resources »

Lectionary

Events

ECCC Annual Conference
1/22/2012  - 1/27/2012    - Camp McDowell, AL

NAECED Annual Meeting and Tapestries Conference
2/2/2012  - 2/4/2012    - New Orleans, LA

Why Serve 2012
6/6/2012  - 6/10/2012    - Virginia Theological Seminary, Alexandria, VA

More Events

Back to Top