Mission Center: The Episcopal Church: Community

‹‹ Return
Episcopal Theological School at Claremont (Bloy House) 

A diocesan seminary which was originally begun in 1958 as an extension program through the Church Divinity School of the Pacific (CDSP) in the Diocese of Los Angeles. CDSP intended the school to serve students who were not able to study at their Berkeley campus. In 1962 CDSP could no longer maintain the Los Angeles campus because of financial problems. The Diocese of Los Angeles took over full operation of the seminary and named it "Bloy House" after Bishop Francis Eric Irving Bloy (1904-1993). In 1970 the diocese agreed to combine their resources with the Claremont School of Theology. The school moved to the Claremont, California, campus. The move occasioned a name change to Episcopal Theological School at Claremont. The school is affiliated with the Diocese of Los Angeles, and the Bishop serves on its board. The school offers a joint M.Div. program with the School of Theology at Claremont. 




Glossary definitions provided courtesy of Church Publishing Incorporated, New York, NY,(All Rights reserved) from "An Episcopal Dictionary of the Church, A User Friendly Reference for Episcopalians," Don S. Armentrout and Robert Boak Slocum, editors.
Click here to order...


Share

Resources »

Lectionary

Events

ECCC Annual Conference
1/22/2012  - 1/27/2012    - Camp McDowell, AL

NAECED Annual Meeting and Tapestries Conference
2/2/2012  - 2/4/2012    - New Orleans, LA

Why Serve 2012
6/6/2012  - 6/10/2012    - Virginia Theological Seminary, Alexandria, VA

More Events

Back to Top