Mission Center: The Episcopal Church: Community

‹‹ Return
St 

Andrew's College, Jackson, Mississippi. St. Andrew's College opened on Jan. 1, 1852, with the Rev. Meyer Lewin (1816-1886) as president. It was under the jurisdiction of the Diocese of Mississippi. It received its charter on Oct. 16, 1852, and was the first college with its own grounds and buildings to be established in Jackson. It closed on Feb. 1, 1856, because of several severe outbreaks of yellow fever in the area. 




Glossary definitions provided courtesy of Church Publishing Incorporated, New York, NY,(All Rights reserved) from "An Episcopal Dictionary of the Church, A User Friendly Reference for Episcopalians," Don S. Armentrout and Robert Boak Slocum, editors.
Click here to order...


Share

Resources »

Lectionary

Events

ECCC Annual Conference
1/22/2012  - 1/27/2012    - Camp McDowell, AL

NAECED Annual Meeting and Tapestries Conference
2/2/2012  - 2/4/2012    - New Orleans, LA

Why Serve 2012
6/6/2012  - 6/10/2012    - Virginia Theological Seminary, Alexandria, VA

More Events

Back to Top