Mission Center: The Episcopal Church: Community

‹‹ Return
St Andrew's Theological Seminary, Mexico City 

The oldest Anglican institution of theological education in the Spanish-speaking world. It was founded in 1894, by the Rev. Henry Forrester. The seminary is accredited by ALIET (Asociacion Latinoamericana Internacional de Escuelas Teologicas, Latin American Association of Theological Schools). It participates in a consortium of seminaries called the Comunidad Teologica. It was a seminary of the Episcopal Church as long as Mexico was part of the Episcopal Church. In 1994 the General Convention granted the five Mexican dioceses permission to withdraw from the Episcopal Church and constitute themselves an autonomous province. The Anglican Church of Mexico came into existence on Jan. 1, 1995. The seminary is now called St. Andrew's Anglican Seminary. 




Glossary definitions provided courtesy of Church Publishing Incorporated, New York, NY,(All Rights reserved) from "An Episcopal Dictionary of the Church, A User Friendly Reference for Episcopalians," Don S. Armentrout and Robert Boak Slocum, editors.
Click here to order...


Share

Resources »

Lectionary

Events

ECCC Annual Conference
1/22/2012  - 1/27/2012    - Camp McDowell, AL

NAECED Annual Meeting and Tapestries Conference
2/2/2012  - 2/4/2012    - New Orleans, LA

Why Serve 2012
6/6/2012  - 6/10/2012    - Virginia Theological Seminary, Alexandria, VA

More Events

Back to Top