Mission Center: The Episcopal Church: Community

‹‹ Return
St John's College, Spartanburg, South Carolina 

St. John's College opened in Jan. 1852 as St. John's School for Boys, under the leadership of the Rev. John DeWitt McCollough (1822-1902). It was never really a college, and it closed in 1862 because of the Civil War. In Oct. 1866 the Theological Seminary of South Carolina reopened St. John's campus but closed on May 16, 1868. The property was sold to Converse College in 1889. 




Glossary definitions provided courtesy of Church Publishing Incorporated, New York, NY,(All Rights reserved) from "An Episcopal Dictionary of the Church, A User Friendly Reference for Episcopalians," Don S. Armentrout and Robert Boak Slocum, editors.
Click here to order...


Share

Resources »

Lectionary

Events

ECCC Annual Conference
1/22/2012  - 1/27/2012    - Camp McDowell, AL

NAECED Annual Meeting and Tapestries Conference
2/2/2012  - 2/4/2012    - New Orleans, LA

Why Serve 2012
6/6/2012  - 6/10/2012    - Virginia Theological Seminary, Alexandria, VA

More Events

Back to Top