Mission Center: The Episcopal Church: Community

‹‹ Return
St Paul's College, Lawrenceville, Virginia 

St. Paul's Normal and Industrial School was founded on Sept. 24, 1888, by the Rev. James Solomon Russell (1857-1935). In 1906 it became a part of the American Church Institute for Negroes. On Dec. 30, 1941, the name was changed to St. Paul's Polytechnic Institute, and on Feb. 27, 1957, to St. Paul's College. St. Paul's is a four-year, historically African American college, and is a member of the Association of Episcopal Colleges. 




Glossary definitions provided courtesy of Church Publishing Incorporated, New York, NY,(All Rights reserved) from "An Episcopal Dictionary of the Church, A User Friendly Reference for Episcopalians," Don S. Armentrout and Robert Boak Slocum, editors.
Click here to order...


Share

Resources »

Lectionary

Events

ECCC Annual Conference
1/22/2012  - 1/27/2012    - Camp McDowell, AL

NAECED Annual Meeting and Tapestries Conference
2/2/2012  - 2/4/2012    - New Orleans, LA

Why Serve 2012
6/6/2012  - 6/10/2012    - Virginia Theological Seminary, Alexandria, VA

More Events

Back to Top