Mission Center: The Episcopal Church: Community

‹‹ Return
St Paul's College, Palmyra, Missouri 

The Governor Clark Mission was established in Feb. 1848 on fifty-seven acres of land in Marion County which was purchased by the Rt. Rev. Cicero Stephens Hawks, the second Bishop of Missouri. On Feb. 24, 1853, the legislature incorporated the school as St. Paul's College. In June 1889 St. Paul's graduated its last class, and the school did not reopen because of inadequate funding. 




Glossary definitions provided courtesy of Church Publishing Incorporated, New York, NY,(All Rights reserved) from "An Episcopal Dictionary of the Church, A User Friendly Reference for Episcopalians," Don S. Armentrout and Robert Boak Slocum, editors.
Click here to order...


Share

Resources »

Lectionary

Events

ECCC Annual Conference
1/22/2012  - 1/27/2012    - Camp McDowell, AL

NAECED Annual Meeting and Tapestries Conference
2/2/2012  - 2/4/2012    - New Orleans, LA

Why Serve 2012
6/6/2012  - 6/10/2012    - Virginia Theological Seminary, Alexandria, VA

More Events

Back to Top