Mission Center: The Episcopal Church: Community

‹‹ Return
Seabury-Western Theological Seminary 

An accredited seminary of the Episcopal Church, located in Evanston, Illinois. Seabury-Western was the result of the merger of Seabury Divinity School, Faribault, Minnesota, and the Western Theological Seminary, Chicago, on July 1, 1933. Seabury Divinity School was founded in 1858 by James Lloyd Breck. It was first called Seabury Divinity Hall. Western Theological Seminary opened on Sept. 29, 1885, under the leadership of Bishop William Edward McLaren (1831-1905) of Chicago. See Breck, James Lloyd; see Bishop Seabury University. 




Glossary definitions provided courtesy of Church Publishing Incorporated, New York, NY,(All Rights reserved) from "An Episcopal Dictionary of the Church, A User Friendly Reference for Episcopalians," Don S. Armentrout and Robert Boak Slocum, editors.
Click here to order...


Share

Resources »

Lectionary

Events

ECCC Annual Conference
1/22/2012  - 1/27/2012    - Camp McDowell, AL

NAECED Annual Meeting and Tapestries Conference
2/2/2012  - 2/4/2012    - New Orleans, LA

Why Serve 2012
6/6/2012  - 6/10/2012    - Virginia Theological Seminary, Alexandria, VA

More Events

Back to Top