Mission Center: The Episcopal Church: Community

‹‹ Return
Christian Journal and Literary Register, The 

This journal began publication on Jan. 22, 1817, in New York, "under the inspection of the Right Rev. Bishop Hobart." At first it was published every two weeks, but eventually became monthly. The last issue was published in Dec. 1830. It was "devoted to theological and miscellaneous subjects, and particularly to interesting religious and literary intelligence, and biographical and obituary notices." 




Glossary definitions provided courtesy of Church Publishing Incorporated, New York, NY,(All Rights reserved) from "An Episcopal Dictionary of the Church, A User Friendly Reference for Episcopalians," Don S. Armentrout and Robert Boak Slocum, editors.
Click here to order...


Share

Resources »

Lectionary

Events

ECCC Annual Conference
1/22/2012  - 1/27/2012    - Camp McDowell, AL

NAECED Annual Meeting and Tapestries Conference
2/2/2012  - 2/4/2012    - New Orleans, LA

Why Serve 2012
6/6/2012  - 6/10/2012    - Virginia Theological Seminary, Alexandria, VA

More Events

Back to Top