Mission Center: The Episcopal Church: Community

‹‹ Return
Church Eclectic, The 

This journal began publication on Mar. 15, 1873, and carried the subtitle "A Magazine of Church Opinion, Religious Literature, and Ecclesiastical Miscellany." The first editor and proprietor was the Rev. William Thomas Gibson (1822-1896). In Apr. 1878 the subtitle was changed to "A Monthly Magazine of Church Literature and Church Work; With Notes and Summaries." The subtitle was changed to "An Anglo-Catholic Magazine of Church Literature with Notes and News Summaries" in Apr. 1892. The editor from 1896 to 1900 was Frederick Cook Morehouse (1868-1932). The Rev. Arthur Lowndes (1858-1917) was the editor from Apr. 1900 until Feb. 1908, when it ceased publication. 




Glossary definitions provided courtesy of Church Publishing Incorporated, New York, NY,(All Rights reserved) from "An Episcopal Dictionary of the Church, A User Friendly Reference for Episcopalians," Don S. Armentrout and Robert Boak Slocum, editors.
Click here to order...


Share

Resources »

Lectionary

Events

ECCC Annual Conference
1/22/2012  - 1/27/2012    - Camp McDowell, AL

NAECED Annual Meeting and Tapestries Conference
2/2/2012  - 2/4/2012    - New Orleans, LA

Why Serve 2012
6/6/2012  - 6/10/2012    - Virginia Theological Seminary, Alexandria, VA

More Events

Back to Top