Mission Center: The Episcopal Church: Community

‹‹ Return
Church Journal, The 

This periodical was published in New York City. It was a vigorous Anglo-Catholic publication. It began publication on Feb. 5, 1853. Its leading editor was John Henry Hopkins, Jr. (1820-1891). It merged with the Gospel Messenger. With the Nov. 4, 1872, issue it carried the new title, Church Journal and Gospel Messenger. It ceased publication on Feb. 14, 1878, and was absorbed by The Churchman. 




Glossary definitions provided courtesy of Church Publishing Incorporated, New York, NY,(All Rights reserved) from "An Episcopal Dictionary of the Church, A User Friendly Reference for Episcopalians," Don S. Armentrout and Robert Boak Slocum, editors.
Click here to order...


Share

Resources »

Lectionary

Events

ECCC Annual Conference
1/22/2012  - 1/27/2012    - Camp McDowell, AL

NAECED Annual Meeting and Tapestries Conference
2/2/2012  - 2/4/2012    - New Orleans, LA

Why Serve 2012
6/6/2012  - 6/10/2012    - Virginia Theological Seminary, Alexandria, VA

More Events

Back to Top