Mission Center: The Episcopal Church: Community

‹‹ Return
Churchman's Magazine, The 

The first regular periodical in the Episcopal Church. It began publication in Jan. 1804, at New Haven, Connecticut. Its full title was The Churchman's Monthly Magazine, or Treasury of Divine and Useful Knowledge. In Apr. 1808 it began to be published in New York. John Henry Hobart served as Editor until 1811. It was not published in 1812, but it began publication again with the Jan.-Feb. 1813 issue. It ceased publication in 1815. It was published again from 1821 until 1827, with the exception of 1824. It was succeeded by the Episcopal Watchman. 




Glossary definitions provided courtesy of Church Publishing Incorporated, New York, NY,(All Rights reserved) from "An Episcopal Dictionary of the Church, A User Friendly Reference for Episcopalians," Don S. Armentrout and Robert Boak Slocum, editors.
Click here to order...


Share

Resources »

Lectionary

Events

ECCC Annual Conference
1/22/2012  - 1/27/2012    - Camp McDowell, AL

NAECED Annual Meeting and Tapestries Conference
2/2/2012  - 2/4/2012    - New Orleans, LA

Why Serve 2012
6/6/2012  - 6/10/2012    - Virginia Theological Seminary, Alexandria, VA

More Events

Back to Top