Mission Center: The Episcopal Church: Community

‹‹ Return
Evangelical Catholic, The 

This journal was published biweekly and then weekly from Sept. 13, 1851, until Dec. 30, 1852. It was founded and edited by William Augustus Muhlenberg. It was intended to be above the party divisions of the Episcopal Church at the time. Muhlenberg wanted to unite evangelical and catholic in the church. Its subtitle called it "A Paper Devoted Chiefly to Matters of Practical Christianity." See Muhlenberg, William Augustus. 




Glossary definitions provided courtesy of Church Publishing Incorporated, New York, NY,(All Rights reserved) from "An Episcopal Dictionary of the Church, A User Friendly Reference for Episcopalians," Don S. Armentrout and Robert Boak Slocum, editors.
Click here to order...


Share

Resources »

Lectionary

Events

ECCC Annual Conference
1/22/2012  - 1/27/2012    - Camp McDowell, AL

NAECED Annual Meeting and Tapestries Conference
2/2/2012  - 2/4/2012    - New Orleans, LA

Why Serve 2012
6/6/2012  - 6/10/2012    - Virginia Theological Seminary, Alexandria, VA

More Events

Back to Top