Mission Center: The Episcopal Church: Community

‹‹ Return
Protestant Churchman, The 

This weekly magazine began publication on Aug. 12, 1843, in New York City. In 1862 its name was changed to Christian Times. In 1866 the title was changed to the Episcopalian. The Episcopalian was published simultaneously in New York, Philadelphia, and Baltimore until 1869. It was mainly a news magazine. With the first issue of 1872 the name was changed to Church and State. 




Glossary definitions provided courtesy of Church Publishing Incorporated, New York, NY,(All Rights reserved) from "An Episcopal Dictionary of the Church, A User Friendly Reference for Episcopalians," Don S. Armentrout and Robert Boak Slocum, editors.
Click here to order...


Share

Resources »

Lectionary

Events

ECCC Annual Conference
1/22/2012  - 1/27/2012    - Camp McDowell, AL

NAECED Annual Meeting and Tapestries Conference
2/2/2012  - 2/4/2012    - New Orleans, LA

Why Serve 2012
6/6/2012  - 6/10/2012    - Virginia Theological Seminary, Alexandria, VA

More Events

Back to Top