Mission Center: The Episcopal Church: Community

‹‹ Return
Missionary 

This periodical was published at Burlington, New Jersey, under the patronage and editorship of Bishop George Washington Doane. The first issue was dated Sept. 20, 1835, and it ceased publication in Dec. 1837. It called itself a "Soldier of the Cross." It is very valuable for the information it provides about the 1835 General Convention, which recognized that all members of the Episcopal Church are called to be missionaries and provided for missionary bishops. 




Glossary definitions provided courtesy of Church Publishing Incorporated, New York, NY,(All Rights reserved) from "An Episcopal Dictionary of the Church, A User Friendly Reference for Episcopalians," Don S. Armentrout and Robert Boak Slocum, editors.
Click here to order...


Share

Resources »

Lectionary

Events

ECCC Annual Conference
1/22/2012  - 1/27/2012    - Camp McDowell, AL

NAECED Annual Meeting and Tapestries Conference
2/2/2012  - 2/4/2012    - New Orleans, LA

Why Serve 2012
6/6/2012  - 6/10/2012    - Virginia Theological Seminary, Alexandria, VA

More Events

Back to Top