The Board For Transition Ministry
The Board for the Office for Transition Ministry (OTM) is established by General Convention in accordance with Canon III.32. It consists of twelve members: four bishops, four presbyters or deacons, and four lay persons. The bishops are appointed by the Presiding Bishop and the other clergy and lay persons are appointed by the President of the House of Deputies. All appointments are subject to confirmation by General Convention. Staff support is provided to the Board by the OTM staff. The canonical duties of the Board are:
- To oversee the Office for Transition Ministry.
- To study the deployment needs and trends in the Episcopal Church and in other Christian bodies.
- To issue and distribute such reports and information concerning deployment as it deems helpful to the Church.
- To cooperate with other Boards, Commissions, and Agencies which are concerned with ministry, and particularly with the Executive Council.
- To report on its work and the work of the Office for Transition Ministry at each regular meeting of the General Convention.
- To report to the Executive Council at regular intervals as a part of its accountability to the Council for the funding which the Office for Transition Ministry receives.
- To work in cooperation with the Church Center Staff.
- To fulfill other responsibilities assigned to it by the General Convention.
The Episcopal Church Center, 815 Second Avenue, New York, NY 10017 | 212.716.6000 | 1.800.334.7626 © 2011 The Episcopal Church